Wednesday, November 24, 2010

An introverted Thanksgiving

We first off want to apologize for the lack of posting lately.  It has been a bit busy at work here and the time to write in our blog has been cut short.  We hope that this is just a little hiccup and we can get back to our normal routine.  

In spirit of the holiday where we decide to begin a seefood diet (yes that is spelled correctly) we thought it would be a good idea to go over the etiquette of Thanksgiving.

1. Just because there is still food left in the bowls doesn't mean that it needs to disappear that day.  Yes, leftovers are okay to have.  We should be giving thanks to the lands and to those who provide the food not devour all the food like selfish pigs.  

2. Be happy and thankful. Almost every employer lets their employees off on Thanksgiving so therefore those that get to spend time with their families should not be in a bad mood.  They should also be thankful that they get the day off (hey, you could be working all day at Walmart or get to go in at 10 pm and work at Toys '(backwards R)' Us).  

3.  Numero duece leads me to my next point all employers should close down on Thanksgiving.  Seriously, its a HOLIDAY! The only places that should remain open are those that are necessary (like the fire station, hospital, and police station).  We can go a day without shopping or fast food because look at most of us not all of us exercise on a regular basis and spend too much money any ways (and besides we already eat terribly on Thanksgiving as it is).

4. Two words BLACK FRIDAY...  It amazes me that one day can help businesses out of the negs.  Have you ever been out shopping on black Friday?  It is total mayhem, why would anyone want to go out in that mess...all you are gonna save is maybe a few bucks...how much is your sanity worth??????

Lastly I, Introvert 2, may seem a little bitter or hateful towards Thanksgiving, I am not.  Thanksgiving is possibly one of my favorite holidays.  A day to relax and enjoy yourself for no freaking reason at all.  I think I have some resentment towards what the meaning of Thanksgiving to most of America...  I also do not want to sound hypocritical because I have been known to gormandize every now and then and I love going out on Black Friday to watch all the crazies clawing and biting each others heads off but I rarely ever participate.  That is all  I have to say on this subject, I hope everyone enjoys there day off tomorrow (and if you don't have it off I wouldn't blame you if you contemplated burning the place down (not that I condone that either)).  I hope you get all the turkey (or whatever meat/lack of meat(for all you veggies out there) you decide you want to eat) you can eat and get to relax and enjoy a day off of work/school because you deserve it.  

Don't Stop Believin'

2i+ac

No comments:

Post a Comment